Job Location(s): Charleston, SC
George Consulting is seeking a Systems Administrator to support a Systems Integration Test and Evaluation (SITE) Integrated Product Team (IPT) with systems engineering efforts for the TacMobile program. Candidate will work closely with the P-3 and P-8 platform interfaces as well as the Global Command and Control System (GCCS).
Roles and Responsibilities
The successful applicant will work under the direction of the Lead Engineer (Level 4). The successful applicant must have a good understanding of, and experience in, Microsoft software operating systems as well as knowledge of HBSS, VMware virtualization technologies, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), and networking theories/technologies such as DHCP, DNS, OSPF, VLANS and Cisco. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop, maintain, and unit test code by utilizing software development Create and maintain compliant and functional system builds
- Maintain IA compliance of Windows operating systems
- Create OS and software baselines that are functional and IA compliant
- Provide data for daily, weekly, and monthly reports, as required
- Develop test procedures, author and validate user documentation, and be able understand and train complex systems of systems environments to fellow team members and navy personnel
- Able to collaborate with other contractor teammates and customers on a daily basis
- Able to work closely with customers to ensure deliverables meet their expectations and arrive in a timely manner
- Attend and actively participate in team meetings
- Travel as required, estimated to be no more than 25% of the time
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE.
The Systems Administrator must have a good understanding of, and experience in Microsoft software operating systems as well as basic knowledge with HBSS, VMware virtualization technologies, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), and networking theories/technologies such as DHCP, DNS, OSPF, VLANS and Cisco. He/she should have the ability to generate test procedures, author and validate user documentation, and understand and train complex systems of systems environments to navy personnel.
He/she must have knowledge and experience with Department of Defense (DOD)/Navy plans, policies, standards, and methods aimed at supporting engineering and integration efforts that are associated with the systems administration, software development, and security compliance of software builds for military systems, specifically avionics C4ISR systems.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Required Skills & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- DoD IAT Level II Certified in Security+ preferred (and required within 6 months of start date)
- Minimum three (3) years' experience with Windows operating systems up through Server 2012
- Minimum three (3) years' experience maintaining IA compliance of Windows Operating Systems
- Experience in VMWare virtualization technologies (specifically VMWare vCenter, Server, Horizon and Motion) as well as ESXi environments
- Foundation level understanding of Microsoft technologies such as Exchange, Active Directory, Group Policy, Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) and Microsoft SQL databases
- Familiarity with fundamental networking theories/technologies such as DHCP, DNS, OSPF, VLANS and Cisco products/services/technologies
- HBSS, Red Hat Enterprise Linux or Unix experience preferred
- Certifications in Windows Operating systems (e.g., MCSE, MCP, MCSA, or others) desirable but not required
- Experience with —-computer programming language—- PowerShell scripting desirable but not required
- Proficient in deep log analysis for troubleshooting on non-formal, customized server stack
- Ability to apply previous knowledge of standard configurations to project specific custom environment
- Motivation and initiative to seek out required knowledge to obtain proficiency with project specific, custom tools
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee must meet by to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires the employee to sit for extended periods of time, often working at the computer viewing the screens and typing, communicating on the phone, can demand standing, and some lifting up to approximately 30 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
George Consulting is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.