Software Engineer III
Job Location(s): Patuxent River, MD
George Consulting is seeking a Software Engineer III to support a Systems Integration Test and Evaluation (SITE) Integrated Product Team (IPT) with systems engineering efforts for the TacMobile program. Candidate will work closely with the P-3 and P-8 platform interfaces as well as the Global Command and Control System (GCCS).
Roles and Responsibilities
The successful applicant will apply an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop, and verify a lifecycle-balanced system of systems (SoS) and system solutions. He/she will evaluate customer and operational needs to define and coordinate system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional, and program interfaces.
He/she will perform various analyses to optimize total SoS and/or system architecture. He/she will perform analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance, and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success. He/she will develop the requirements provided by the customer. He/she will resolve cross-functional technical issues. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop, maintain, and unit test code by utilizing software development environments and programming languages in order to implement design and satisfy allocated requirements
- Participate in peer reviews
- Develop, document, and maintain designs for software consistent with the defined architecture and requirements/regulations by applying established methods and practices
- Contribute to building large scale software systems
- Troubleshoot and investigate difficult problems across software components
- Evaluate proposed solutions to problems
- Perform architectural trade studies and contribute to the development documentation and maintenance of software architectures
- Participate in internal and external architecture and process reviews
- Provide data, recommendations, and estimates for software component level project planning, including corrective action plans
- Develop, select, tailor and deploy processes and tools; establish metrics; and, utilize regulations and industry standards
- Provide guidance to less experienced employees, perform research, contribute to proposals, document research and development results, and aid technology transfer into programs
- Support operational and integration issue resolution for specific software systems
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Able to collaborate with other contractor teammates and customers on a daily basis
- Able to work closely with customers to ensure deliverables meet their expectations and arrive in a timely manner
- Attend and actively participate in team meetings
- Travel as required, estimated to be no more than 25% of the time
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE.
The Software Engineer III must have a good understanding of, and experience in Microsoft software operating systems as well as knowledge with C++ and C# Software Development, VMware virtualization technologies, and SQL Server and Windows Active Directory using LDAP.
He/she must have knowledge and experience with Department of Defense (DoD)/Navy plans, policies, standards, and methods aimed at supporting engineering and integration efforts that are associated with the systems administration, software development, and security compliance of software builds for military systems, specifically avionics C4ISR systems. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or related field
- DoD IAT Level II Certified in Security+ preferred (and required within 6 months of start date)
- Experience with hardware designing/development, trade studies, technical analysis and an understanding of interface design requirements
- Experience with C++ and/or C# Software Development
- Experience with VMWare
- Experience with SQL Server and Windows Active Directory using LDAP
- Coordinating required code changes based on analysis and ICD/IDD reviews, identifying the changes within ICD/IDD
- Programming experience with an understanding of software development requirements
- Diagnostic troubleshooting and maintenance of servers, workstations and network devices
- Experience with LINQ, binary/hex data, mscorlib, and other Microsoft components preferred
- Experience with testing preferred
- Experience with P-8A media interface preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee must meet by to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires the employee to sit for extended periods of time, often working at the computer viewing the screens and typing, communicating on the phone, can demand standing, and some lifting up to approximately 30 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
George Consulting is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.