DCGS-MC Software Integration Engineer
George Consulting is seeking a Software Integration Engineer to support the Distributed Common/Surface Ground Systems-Marine Corps (DCGS-MC). The Software Integration Engineer will provide full DCGS-MC System of Systems (SoS) lifecycle support to Naval Integration Warfare Center (NIWC) Atlantic, to include research, development, production, and fielding of scalable, secure, interoperable, sustainable, and survivable Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Combat Systems, Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance (C5ISR), Information Operations (IO), and Enterprise Information Services (EIS) capabilities.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Software Integration Engineer will design, implement, and maintain software and hardware baselines to support a required capability by the Government. They will perform software integration activities to deliver a single software baseline to meet DCGS-MC requirements with an emphasis on system performance, interoperability, and maximizing the reuse of existing solutions where possible. The Software Integration Engineer will also provide support for the development of new C5ISR and Information Technology (IT) capabilities, the maintenance and upgrade of existing C5ISR and IT capabilities, and the integration of existing hardware and software capabilities into a consolidated system baseline. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide expertise in the configuration of large data storage arrays.
- Install, configure, deploy, secure, and update RHEL 6 and RHEL 7 virtual machines.
- Provide functional and technical expertise supporting USMC, DoN, and DoD systems and equipment.
- Perform software installations, troubleshooting, and extensive information systems security analysis and implementation.
- Utilize technical writing skills to create Technical Guides, installation documentation, system operator and administrator manuals, and system overview documentation including configuration documentation.
- Provide expertise in the creation of system baseline images that can be installed to bare metal laptop devices and VMware Hypervisor environments via CD, DVD, or network shares.
- Deploy, configure, and maintain VMWare vCenter clusters and ESXi hosts in a multi-domain IP network environment.
- Configure, update, and maintain Cisco NXT-series layer 3 network switches that use the Cisco NXT operating system.
- Provide expertise and knowledge regarding TCP and UDP IP-based network design, configuration, and security.
- Provide expertise and experience in installing, configuring, deploying, securing, and patching the DISA GCCS-J application version 18.104.22.168 and later.
- Provide knowledge in automated patching methods and software that facilitate non-destructive and zero data loss patching of existing software baselines.
- Develop, test, secure, and deploy automated deployment scripts using bash, Powershell, NSIS, and python.
- Support DCGS-MC Configuration Management Lead in the categorization and identification of Computer Software Configuration Items (CSCI) and software units.
- Provide knowledge with administration and maintenance of relational database management systems (RDBMS) to store and retrieve DCGS-MC data.
- Install, configure, secure, and maintain government provided server hardware, networking equipment, and storage arrays in a lab environment.
- Able to work independently with limited direction and be self-motivated.
- Able to work with other contractor teammates and customers daily.
- Able to work closely with customers to ensure deliverables meet their expectations and arrive in a timely manner.
- Attend and actively participate in team meetings.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES THE ABILITY TO OBTAIN AN ACTIVE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE.
Required Skills & Experience:
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The successful applicant must have a good understanding of, and experience with design, implementation, and maintenance of hardware and software. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Ten (10) years’ specific experience with the design, implementation, and maintenance of software and hardware
- Experience with RHEL 6 and 7, VMWare and Cisco
- Experience writing code using bash, Powershell, NSIS, and python
George Consulting is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.