Job Location(s): Patuxent River, MD
George Consulting is seeking a Program Manager to support the COMFRC Enterprise and oversee the sustainment of Navy and Marine Corps aviation systems. The systems and services developed, fielded, and sustained by this project are key enablers to successfully achieving the COMFRC mission.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Program Manager responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Development, management, and execution of project planning activities utilizing established methodologies for proposing, planning, implementing, managing, and evaluating projects to include cost, schedule, and performance in the development, testing, deployment, and sustainment of IT products and service.
- Develop, monitor, and execute project performance plans to provide task progress, resource utilization tracking, schedule tracking and execution, leading/lagging metrics, and project status.
- Develop project plans, timelines, and schedules to include resource allocations.
- Develop product roadmaps identifying release capabilities and features.
- Generate agendas, facilitate discussions, document minutes, and record and track action items in support of functional and technical project information exchanges.
- Create and deliver technical, informational, and decision-making project briefs across all levels of leadership.
- Provide subject matter expertise in resolving technical challenges and roadblocks.
- Gather, evaluate, document and communicate end-user functional requirements.
- Facilitate technical communication of end-user requirements during all phases of the application lifecycle.
- Provide subject matter expertise in translation of capability needs from functional to technical design and system specifications.
- Provide guidance and technical assistance in the creation, format, routing, storage, publication, and tracking of requirements management documentation.
- Analyze and provide assessments of system/application functional, technical, and system requirements for clarity, potential problems, risks, and feasibility concerns.
- Evaluate and assess the effectiveness and efficiency of requirements management processes, products, and artifacts. Provide recommended courses of action to improve requirements management processes, products, and artifacts.
- Able to work independently with limited direction and be self-motivated.
- Able to work with other contractor teammates and customers daily.
- Able to work closely with customers to ensure deliverables meet their expectations and arrive in a timely manner.
- Attend and actively participate in team meetings.
THIS POSITION DOES REQUIRE THE ABILITY TO OBTAIN A SECRET CLEARANCE
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This position also requires the ability to obtain a secret clearance. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Required Skills & Experience:
- It is required that the PM has a BS or BA degree in an Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, Mathematics, or Management related discipline and a minimum of ten (10) years of experience performing duties on IT projects.
- Education Substitute: An associate’s degree in an Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, Mathematics, or Management related discipline plus an additional four (4) years of work experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
George Consulting is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.