Pega No-Code/Low-Code Developer
Job Location(s): Charleston, SC
The United States Marine Corps (USMC) is releasing PaaS and SaaS offerings with tightly controlled DEVSECOPS practices to allow for rapid development and rapid release of software capability (akin to the concepts in the book, The Phoenix Project, by Gene Kim). When coupled with the tightly controlled DEVSECOPS, PaaS/SaaS offerings are labeled Software Factories. The first released software factory for the USMC is a Pega-based environment.
The successful applicant will work side-by-side with the Navy Commercial Cloud Services – Marine Corps ((NCCS-MC) formerly known as the Marine Corps Managed Services Office (MC MSO)) team to develop functionality in the Pega CRM – based “Front Door” Brokerage Application, developing capabilities that deliver against business objectives and cooperating within the SAFe™ Agile Framework. The NCCS-MC is the cloud services broker to the U.S. Marine Corps, and the Pega CRM product is the foundation for its customer engagement, customer management, matching customers to offerings, account management and cloud subscription management.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Pega No-Code/Low-Code Developer responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Near Term
- Developing and releasing capabilities by creating case types that leverage the iBPM capabilities in the Pega Government Platform and its Customer Relationship Management (CRM) modules
- Developing mashups to static pages for re-display of dynamic Pega Data on web-pages
- Leveraging Pega Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) for Web Chat Bots and Knowledge Base and leveraging Customer Decision Hub for Next Best Action (NBA) and Predictive Analytics.
- Making stuff that helps Marines get onto the right cloud and data services faster, helps the Generals understand the status of every app’s migration is and where the money is going, helps suppliers understand the demand coming their way, helps portfolio managers and CIOs understand the current and to-be state of their IT portfolio, helping the NCCS-MC manage customers and stakeholders efficiently, and automating everything we possibly can
- Other work includes
- Collaborate with other contractor teammates and customers on a daily basis.
- Work closely with customers to ensure deliverables meet their expectations and arrive in a timely manner.
- Attend and actively participate in team meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Support general MSO activities, to include advising USMC applications on their suitability for Cloud, and potential architectural solutions compatible for their migration there
- Able to work with other contractor teammates and customers daily.
- Able to work closely with customers to ensure deliverables meet their expectations and arrive in a timely manner.
- Attend and actively participate in team meetings.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES THE ABILITY TO OBTAIN AN ACTIVE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE.
Required Skills & Experience:
Pega developer must have a good understanding of, and experience developing on No-Code/Low-Code iBPM platforms. The developer should have experience handling Analytic technology, particularly Linked Data and Natural Language Processing (NLP) or at least an understanding of the basic concepts and a willingness to learn and develop implementations. Developer should understand HTML and CSS. Above all, the ideal applicant will demonstrate an ingrained continuous-learning ability, be self-disciplined, have a willing flexibility in proposing multiple approaches to develop and implement a solution, be capable of supporting a spirit of teamwork, willingness to share knowledge, and collaborate with others. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Required Skills & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required;
- No Code/Low Code iBPM Platform Development Training and Experience (e.g. Pega, Appian, Salesforce, ServiceNow, DynamicsCRM, bpm’online)
- A Pega certification. Pega Certified Systems Architect at a minimum (PCSA), with a near term path to either a specialized Pega certification or a Pega Certified Senior Systems Architect (PCSSA).
- Minimum 3 years experience in No-Code/Low-Code, preferably in Pega li>
- Demonstrated history of continuous learning and quickly picking up and applying new skills.
- Demonstrated ability to extract concepts from users regarding needed functionality, and to translate them into concepts and workflows
- Solid understanding of Cloud concepts and best practices
- Solid understanding of basic brokerage concepts
- Demonstrated Experience of Cooperative Teamwork, preferably in an agile model
- Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field preferred
- Experience with 1 or more Pega CRM implementations, particularly Sales Automation or Customer Service
- Pega Lead Systems Architect
- Experience with AWS and/or Azure APIs or AWS or Azure Certification or training equal to certification
- Experience with Automated Provisioning Tools (e.g. Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Experience with NLP technology and application of it to chatbot functionality
- Security +, CISSP or other Security Certification meeting 8570 IAT Level 2 or 3 requirements
- Classic Development Knowledge
- Knowledge of Java Development Principles and classes.
- Experience with CSS
- Experience with reverse proxy and extracting user id (either from SAML token or HTTP Header information)
- Experience with Continuous Integration Tools (e.g. Jenkins, Maven, TFS, VSTS)
George Consulting is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.