Cloud Solution Architect
Job Location(s): Charleston, SC
The United States Marine Corps (USMC) is moving to cloud, and the MSO will be brokering complete sets of cloud subscriptions to meet their needs. The Solution Architects will need to be able to engage these programs and:
- Assess their business and policy readiness to purchase cloud offerings
- Assess their readiness to go to available cloud options
- Help them to understand their options, what solution architectures work for them, identify the full package of services and subscriptions needed to meet each solution option
Roles and Responsibilities
The Cloud Solution Architects responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Near Term
- Advise USMC applications on their suitability for Cloud, and potential architectural solutions compatible for their migration there
- Help with cost estimates
- Explain the processes they will be going through to get to certain options and avoid stakeholders from disrupting their journey
- Develop reports on progress for apps under portfolio and brief them
- Longer Term
- Prototype Hello World Solutions showing key features of solution architectures
- Other work includes
- Collaborate with other contractor teammates and customers on a daily basis
- Work closely with customers to ensure deliverables meet their expectations and arrive in a timely manner
- Help our brokerage platform developers scope features and processes in Pega and test the solutions they develop
- Attend and actively participate in team meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Able to work with other contractor teammates and customers daily.
- Able to work closely with customers to ensure deliverables meet their expectations and arrive in a timely manner.
- Attend and actively participate in team meetings.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES THE ABILITY TO OBTAIN AN ACTIVE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE.
Required Skills & Experience:
The person must have a good understanding of, and experience with Cloud. They must have experience creating solution architectures (or detailed designs) that are understandable and justifiable.
The ideal applicant will demonstrate an ingrained continuous-learning ability, be self-disciplined, have a willing flexibility in proposing multiple approaches to develop and implement a solution, be capable of supporting a spirit of teamwork, willingness to share knowledge, and collaborate with others.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Required Skills & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Experience developing solution architectures
- Experience with 2 or more cloud services – either developing with them or moving legacy systems onto them
- Demonstrated history of continuous learning and quickly picking up and applying new skills
- Demonstrated ability to extract concepts from users regarding needed functionality, and to translate them into concepts and workflows
- Solid understanding of Cloud concepts and best practices
- Experience on projects leveraging Continuous Integration Tools (e.g. Jenkins, Maven, TFS, VSTS)
- Demonstrated Experience of Cooperative Teamwork, preferably in an agile model
- Able to explain the differences among DEVSECOPS tools and how they affect execution of design
- Demonstrated ability to match customer needs to cloud services (on- or off- prem)
- Demonstrated people skills to obtain customer commitment to a plan that works for them and to overcome obstacles
- Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field preferred
- Experience with one or more platforms
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry (now called Tanzu)
- Experience with AWS and/or Azure APIs or AWS or Azure Certification or training equal to certification
- Experience with Automated Provisioning Tools (e.g. Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansible)