Computer Systems Engineer/Architect
Job Location: Patuxent River, MD
George Consulting is seeking a Computer Systems Engineer/Architect to support the COMFRC Enterprise and oversee the sustainment of Navy and Marine Corps aviation systems. The systems and services developed, fielded, and sustained by this project are key enablers to successfully achieving the COMFRC mission.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Computer Systems Engineer/Architectresponsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Software development, requirements engineering, design, code development, validation, and implementation. Other tasks include:
- Evaluate an application’s architecture and make recommendations for improvements on quality, design and performance.
- Perform code and design reviews.
- Participate in Scrum ceremonies to include backlog grooming, sprint planning, daily scrum, sprint review and sprint retrospective.
- Develop and deliver software release packages and supporting artifacts prior to commencement of testing activities.
- Perform research and analysis on technical software development methodologies and present recommended technical approaches.
- Design, update, and deliver design and documentation artifacts for review and approval.
- Provide subject matter expertise and technical guidance in the creation, format, routing, storage, and publication of applicable artifacts.
- Develop and deliver software test cases, to include test scenarios and scripts.
- Coordinate Government observation of all testing phases and conduct Integration and System testing.
- Collaborate with team members in the development of design documentation.
THIS POSITION DOES REQUIRE THE ABILITY TO OBTAIN A SECRET CLEARANCE
Required Skills & Experience:
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This position also requires the ability to obtain a secret clearance. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Required Skills & Experience:
- It is required that the candidate has a BS or BA degree in an Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, Mathematics, or Management related discipline and a minimum of ten (10) years of experience performing duties on IT projects.
- Education Substitute: An associate’s degree in an Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, Mathematics, or Management related discipline plus an additional four (4) years of work experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
George Consulting is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.