Cloud Solution Architect Developer
Job Location(s): Charleston, SC
George Consulting is seeking a Cloud Solution Architect Developer to support engagement of USMC programs seeking to go to cloud via the USMC’s Cloud Broker, the USMC Managed Services Organization (MSO).
Roles and Responsibilities
The United States Marine Corps (USMC) is moving its program applications to the cloud, and MSO will be brokering complete sets of cloud subscriptions to meet their needs. The Cloud Solution Architect Developer will need to be able to engage applicable USMC programs to assess readiness and understand cloud options to deliver the best cloud solutions. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assess each program’s business and policy readiness to purchase cloud offerings.
- Assess each program’s readiness to go to available cloud options.
- Advise USMC programs on application’s suitability for Cloud, and potential architectural solutions compatible for the application’s migration to the cloud
- Assist with cost estimates
- Explain the processes the program will use to achieve certain options
- Assist stakeholders in understanding the processes and journey
- Develop reports on progress for applications under the program and be able to brief them to stakeholders
- In the long term, prototype Hello World Solutions showing key features of solution architectures
- Collaborate with other contractor teammates and customers on a daily basis
- Assist brokerage platform developers scope features and processes in Pega and test the solutions they develop
- Work closely with customers to ensure deliverables meet their expectations and arrive in a timely manner
- Attend and actively participate in team meetings
- Utilize good writing skills to develop white papers and written recommendations.
- Perform other duties as assigned
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The successful applicant must have a good understanding of, and experience with cloud.
He/she must have experience creating solution architectures (or detailed designs) that are understandable and justifiable. The ideal applicant will demonstrate an ingrained continuous-learning ability, be self-disciplined, have a willing flexibility in proposing multiple approaches to develop and implement a solution, be capable of supporting a spirit of teamwork, willingness to share knowledge, and collaborate with others. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Required Skills & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Security +, CISSP or other Security Certification meeting 8570 IAT Level 2 or 3 requirements preferred
- Experience developing solution architectures
- Experience with cloud services – either developing with them or moving legacy systems onto them
- Experience with one or more platforms preferred:
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Experience with AWS and/or Azure APIs or AWS or Azure Certification or training equal to certification preferred
- Experience with Automated Provisioning Tools (e.g. Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansible) preferred
- Demonstrated history of continuous learning and quickly picking up and applying new skills
- Demonstrated ability to extract concepts from users regarding needed functionality, and to translate them into concepts and workflows
- Solid understanding of cloud concepts and best practices
- Experience on projects leveraging Continuous Integration Tools (e.g., Jenkins, Maven, TFS, VSTS)
- Demonstrated Experience of Cooperative Teamwork, preferably in an Agile model
- Experience with process improvement
George Consulting is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.