Cloud Services Roadmap Developer
Job Location(s): Stafford, VA
George Consulting is seeking a Cloud Services Roadmap Developer to support engagement of USMC programs seeking to go to cloud via the USMC’s Cloud Broker, the USMC Managed Services Organization (MSO).
Roles and Responsibilities
The United States Marine Corps (USMC) is moving its program applications to the cloud, and MSO will be brokering complete sets of cloud subscriptions to meet its needs. The Cloud Services Roadmap Developer will need to be able to engage applicable USMC programs to assess readiness and understand cloud options to deliver the best cloud solutions. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assess each program’s business and policy readiness to purchase cloud offerings.
- Assess each program’s readiness to go to available cloud options.
- Advise USMC programs on application’s suitability for Cloud, and potential architectural solutions compatible for the application’s migration to the cloud
- Assist with cost estimates
- Explain the processes the program will use to achieve certain options
- Assist stakeholders in understanding the processes and journey
- Develop reports on progress for applications under the program and be able to brief them to stakeholders
- Able to work across multiple agencies to establish delivery Service Level Agreements (SLAs) across enterprise stakeholders
- Advise the program and Agile teams on upcoming technologies
- Inform the roadmap of what services need to be acquired to meet USMC enterprise requirements
- Assist with cloud brokerage services from other government agencies
- Review and revise onboarding processes for integration with multiple vendors for improved customer performance and integration across multiple vendors and stakeholders
- Provide feedback to the Brokerage development team on needed processes and intelligent insights to be added to the brokerage tooling, to governance teams and solution vendors on possible changes to offering packages and subscriptions to meet customer needs, and with other migration support teams on capacity.
- Work side-by-side with the entire USMC MSO team, which functions in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) with multiple inter-dependent Agile teams.
- Utilize multiple DEVSECOPS tools and practices such as automated provisioning of Cloud Services via Terraform, automated provisioning of COTS software on the cloud services via Ansible/Puppet, containerization (Pivotal Kubernetes) and templating services (ARM, CloudFormation)).
- In the long term, prototype Hello World Solutions showing key features of solution architectures
- Collaborate with other contractor teammates and customers on a daily basis
- Assist brokerage platform developers scope features and processes in Pega and test the solutions they develop
- Work closely with customers to ensure deliverables meet their expectations and arrive in a timely manner
- Attend and actively participate in team meetings
- Utilize good writing skills to develop white papers and written recommendations.
- Perform other duties as assigned
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The successful applicant must have a good understanding of, and experience with Cloud. He/she must have experience creating solution architectures (or detailed designs) that are understandable and justifiable. The ideal applicant will demonstrate an ingrained continuous-learning ability, be self-disciplined, have a willing flexibility in proposing multiple approaches to develop and implement a solution, be capable of supporting a spirit of teamwork, willingness to share knowledge, and collaborate with others. He/she must also be able to intelligently weigh the viability and fit of a growing set of offerings against the customer’s needs, and to explain a broad number of DEVSECOPS tools and practices. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Required Skills & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Security +, CISSP or other Security Certification meeting 8570 IAT Level 2 or 3 requirements preferred
- Experience developing solution architectures
- Experience with cloud services – either developing with them or moving legacy systems onto them
- Experience with one or more platforms preferred:
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Experience with AWS and/or Azure APIs or AWS or Azure Certification or training equal to certification preferred
- Experience with Automated Provisioning Tools (e.g. Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansible) preferred
- Demonstrated history of continuous learning and quickly picking up and applying new skills
- Demonstrated ability to extract concepts from users regarding needed functionality, and to translate them into concepts and workflows
- Solid understanding of cloud concepts and best practices
- Experience on projects leveraging Continuous Integration Tools (e.g., Jenkins, Maven, TFS, VSTS)
- Demonstrated Experience of Cooperative Teamwork, preferably in an Agile model
- Experience with process improvement
George Consulting is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Q1 – Describe an experience successfully advising someone on cloud or getting them to embrace cloud.
Q2 – Describe an experience successfully developing a solution architecture that was used.
Q3 – Describe your continuous learning habits, and an example where you quickly learned something new and immediately applied it
Q4 – Have you used the following in the creation and development of a system? (Check All that apply)
- ( ) Pega
- ( ) Appian
- ( ) Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- ( ) MarkLogic
- ( ) IaaS Services of AWS, Google or Azure
- ( ) PaaS Services of AWS, Google or Azure
- ( ) Terraform
- ( ) Puppet
- ( ) Chef
- ( ) Ansible
- ( ) Jenkins
- ( ) TFS/VSTS
- ( ) Maven
- ( ) Other Continuous Build / Integration System
- ( ) Chatbot
- ( ) RDFS
- ( ) OWL
- ( ) Other Semantic or NLP technology
- ( ) Machine Learning other than NLP
Q5 – Do you have (Check all that apply)
- ( ) Security +
- ( ) CISSP
- ( ) Other Security Certification
Q6 – Do you have (Check all that apply)
- ( ) AWS Experience
- ( ) AWS Certification
- ( ) Azure Experience
- ( ) Azure Certification
- ( ) Other cloud experience/certification
Q7 – Have previously passed an investigation of trustworthiness?
- ( ) Yes, official background checks for sensitive corporate positions or positions with access to HIPPA and PII data
- ( ) Yes, official background checks for positions of trust over the vulnerable (childcare, education, health)
- ( ) Yes, for state, federal agency or law enforcement support
- ( ) Yes – DoD or DoE Clearance
Q8 – Please describe where you have improved a multi-agency process or incorporated a service offering from another agency (other than the one currently supporting)